Promoting the advancement of education related to personal property appraising
The Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies is published by the Foundation for Appraisal Education. The journal concept was developed by personal property appraisers for personal property appraisers and is entirely dedicated to promote access to knowledge and documentation in the personal property profession.
The submission of a contribution for publication has to be original as it can not enter in conflict with any article previously published elsewhere under restrictive copyright by the author(s). Also, it can not be currently submitted for consideration to any other publisher.
Authors must also consider the following:
- As author, you agree that you own the work and have the authority to allow the Foundation to publish the work in both digital and print media
- For collaborative papers of more than one authors or institutions, it is the responsibility of the authors to obtain the required approval from all the parts involved;
- Authors must be the creators of the images of their article or must have usage and publishing permissions from the owners of the images. By submitting a contribution to the Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies it is implicit that authors have previously obtained the appropriate permissions concerning any cultural heritage items, works of art or persons depicted in the images;
- The creator of the image retains full copyright for images published
- Minimum article length of 3,000 words
- Authors will retain full copyrights of their papers after publication; although the author does grant exclusive use of the copyright until the end of the calendar year of which the journal was published in. After which the author aggress that when republished, the work mentions it was first published in the Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies and year.
- There is no compensation from the Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies or the Foundation for Appraisal Education for papers.
- The Journal agrees not to change or alter articles without the permission of the author with the exception of minor typos, and basic grammatical corrections.
- By submitting a contribution, you grant the Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies and the Foundation for Appraisal Education your permission to publish your material (both text and images) in printed and electronic format.
- Authors are requested to use endnotes for references
Authors will NOT be asked to sign a written paper for their agreement to submission and publication; instead, we claim that when a contribution is submitted to The Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies, it is implicit that author(s) already took knowledge and agree to the copyright terms posted on our website and made as clear as possible.
Authors are asked to provide the material by email and file attachment, accompanied by the following publication agreement paragraph, which must be copied and pasted into the email body:
“By submitting this article to Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies, I hereby confirm that:
I am / We are the original author(s) and I/We own the copyright of this text and its images; I/We have read and I/We agree with the copyright terms posted on Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies website, under which the Journal is released
The Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies advices that the published information is believed to be true and accurate but can not accept any legal responsibility for any errors or omissions that may occur or make any warranty for the published material. The views expressed within the Journal of Advanced Appraisal Studies are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the view of the editorial staff or the Foundation for Appraisal Education. While the editorial staff uses reasonable efforts to include informative content within the Journal, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content and assume no liability or responsibility for any use, error or omission in the content. It is implicit that when an article is submitted, the author has read all the rules and acknowledged them.